The University Scholars Program presents undergraduate students an opportunity to work one-on-one with UF faculty to pursue fundamental research and scholarly activities and gain valuable insights into how new knowledge is created and developed. The USP is run by the Center for Undergraduate Research (CUR), directed by Dr. Anne Donnelly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The student stipend will be $1,750, disbursed in two installments (Early fall 2020 and late April 2021). View details about the program.
- There will be a $500 award to faculty mentors to help defray the costs of the student research.
- There will be at least 50 awards for CLAS undergraduates.
Selection and Notification Process
- The student application deadline is February 3.
- Departments may nominate up to 4 students.
- Department will rank its top four applicants and submit to the college via Ms. Arlene Williams (email@example.com) no later than February 10th, 2020. The letter of transmission and the ranking can be brief.(A formal cover letter from the department chair is not necessary).
- The college selects approximately 50 University Scholars, distributed across the humanities, sciences and social sciences. CUR will notify the winners. It is the responsibility of the nominating department to notify students who were not selected.
- The nominations will be reviewed by the CLAS Dean’s Office.