Checklist for Recruitment Process of Vacant Faculty Positions
- Letter of Justification/Request (Original only) to
CLAS HR Office.
(Must indicate source of funding, whether the position is new or replacement,
and whether the position will require any additional space.)
- Search Committee Faculty Training –
In order to access this training, please log in to myUFL. Once logged in to myUFL, navigate to Main Menu > My Self Service > Training and Development > My Training Enrollment > Search by Course Number (enter PVO800).
- Request of position number
- Statement of Duties and Responsibilities or Position Description
- Online Submission in GatorJobs
- Job Announcement – for review and approval
(Two copies) Advertising is required in at least two outside publications
(in addition to GatorJobs posting) that reach potential female and
minority candidates. All advertisements must contain the following
A) Proposed University title
B) Minimum degree and experience requirements
C) Anticipated start date
D) Application deadline date
E) Brief statement of duties and responsibilities
F) Name and address of search committee chair
G) "The University of Florida in Equal Opportunity Institution"
Minimum salary or "negotiable"
I) Online data card