The CLAS Scholars Program presents undergraduate students an opportunity to work one-on-one with UF faculty to pursue fundamental research and scholarly activities and gain valuable insights into how new knowledge is created and developed. The USP is run by the CLAS Dean’s Office.
- The student stipend will be $2000, disbursed in two installments (Early Fall 2020 and late April 2021). The CLAS Scholar will have $500 available to attend a conference and/or for travel to support their project.
- There will be 25 CLAS Scholars awarded for the 2020-21 academic year.
Selection and Notification Process
- The student application deadline is February 3, 2020.
- Units may nominate up to 2 students.
- Unit will rank its top two applicants and submit to the college via Ms. Arlene Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than February 10, 2020. The letter of transmission and the ranking can be brief. (A formal cover letter from the department chair is not necessary.)
- The college selects approximately 25 University Scholars, distributed across the humanities, sciences and social sciences. Successful applicants will be notified in March by e-mail by the nominating Unit. It is also the responsibility of the nominating Unit to notify students who were not selected.
- The nominations will be reviewed by the CLAS Dean’s Office.